Currently eight conservatoires accept applications through UCAS Conservatoires including Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. The process itself is very similar to the regular UCAS application process but with different deadlines and some key differences:
- There may be some exam results that UCAS cannot process for you- you will need to send these on to your chosen conservatoires yourself when you receive them.
- You can apply for six conservatoires and they CAN see where else you’ve applied but NOT your order of preference.
- Music courses may ask for a ‘study type’:
- Main Specialism is just one instrument
- Joint main specialism is equal training across two instruments
- Secondary specialism is two instruments- one main and one secondary
- Alternative main specialism is two options of instruments, either of which you are happy to study as your main(s)
- After you have made your selections, you will be able to select audition locations.
- You will need to provide two references- one academic and one practical
The links below have more detailed information about the application process. Spend some time reading these before applying.